понедельник, 21 ноября 2011 г.

My language learning experience


  Learning a foreign language is possible for most people. All it takes is willingness, work and method. Well, I would like to tell you about my own language learning experience.

   My first exposure with the English language was in Middle School. But I think, if you really want to learn a language, learning it only at school isn’t enough. Nobody learns a language the same way. As many people as many learning methods. First of all, you should do a little reading, a little writing, a little speaking and a lot of listening.

Well, I was able to combine all of these. My friends recommended me to buy Oxford Bookworms books. This edition has a very large number of different stories (for example, I read Three Men in a Boat and Gulliver’s Travels) for all levels. Besides books there are disks with a lot of exercises for text comprehension and vocabulary explained in English. Everyone can choose a story and difficulty level whichever you want. I really like these books!
    It’s also a good idea to find a good teacher. Teachers are more knowledgeable, so you can completely count on what they are saying. But I think, not everyone can have enough money to have a private teacher. You must rely on yourself!
    But of course, in my opinion, the best way to learn a foreign language is go to a native speaking country… If you have the opportunity, take advantage of it! Well, as to me, I prefer watching my favorite movies in English.
   To sum it up, I think that if you want to speak a foreign language, don’t sit back. Be disciplined and learn to manage your time. Don’t leave things to the last minute. It’s a good idea to do tasks in good time.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий